The Interested Soldier

This is a airing of grievances, not an objective review


10 May 2007

I fly in about 2 weeks

It's been quite some time, but considering my upcoming deployment, beginning to post again seemed the thing to do.


Yes, i am aware of the new regs, and their possible chilling effects on milblogging. But until I'm in country, there's really nothing I/they can do. I'll run it by my commander and I'll go from there.

So, for those who do not already know: I'm assigned to Fort Lewis, the 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team (SBCT), Second Infantry Division. The rest of the SBCT has been in Iraq for some time now, so moving into a PLT with soldiers who've been doing this for almost a year (ignoring previous tours), and leading them will certainly be a leadership challenge. On the other hand, I'll be leading men who have a ridiculous amount of experience. I'm looking forward.


Honestly, at this point, I really just want to get on a damn plane. Sitting in a hotel, with most of shit in my car, doing not a whole lot, with 4 years of rotc and almost a year of TRADOC under my belt, I would really like to, you know, do some Army stuff.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home