The Interested Soldier

This is a airing of grievances, not an objective review


16 August 2009

I am arrived.

I have arrived at my more or less permanent FOB, FOB Caldwell, my home for the next 8 months. Though I had any number of concerns about the quality of this place prior to coming here, I have to say, it's not bad at all.

I have a very large office/supply room, well designed and well furnished. It, like the rest of the Squadron headquarters, is a real, hard-stand building, with indoor plumbing. We have a small dining facility with a good variety of tasty food. I'll live within 100 meters of a gym with more than enough room and equipment. I will soon have my own room, with internet, sparsely furnished, which Alsmasi likens to my Freshman dorm room. Combine all of this with the fact that this place is small (less than 2 sq km) that it takes five minutes to get from any one place to any other, and I can certainly say that I have lived in worse places.

There will be much more to follow as I get more and more access to the tubes. I am alive and relatively well. Anyone who wishes to send anything to me can find me at

CPT David Von Bargen
1-14 Cavalry, 3-2 SBCT
FOB Caldwell, Iraq
APO AE 09324

That said, I'm, sitting fairly well right now, so feel no obligation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home