The Interested Soldier

This is a airing of grievances, not an objective review


12 September 2007

Perhaps. A tad. And now, sarcasm.

So, perhaps I came across a little to angry last night. I still do think that Kuwait should be a hardship tour, not a combat tour, but I was definitely angry when I posted. Tonight, however, makes up for it - You see, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are here, and I believe they're putting on a show right now about 150 meters from me. So, you know, I was wrong. It's all cool now.

On to other news - I can't view Indietits because the web filter the Army is using here says that it's "Tasteless." I let Jeph know - and this was his response. (Look for today's strip - I can't)

Finally: Use the comments, people. I know there are some of you lurking out there (like the ones in Chicago or Beaumont, Tx or Richmond). Comment. If I say something a little crazy (like last night), ask me about, tell me I'm crazy, etc. If you have questions about me, my time here, the weather, my current weight or anything else, ask them. The comments are for more than just Elizabeth. In fact, I'll even give you all a topic.

Over a short distance, a cheetah can outrun a Stryker. Discuss.

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, 12 September, 2007, Blogger eLiz said...

It's true.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop abusing the feature though. :)

 
At Wednesday, 12 September, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

ummm...i'd say it's a question of acceleration and velocity? *cough*

i didn't know there was a comments feature, but now that i do, i have something new to pass my time in lab with :)

 
At Wednesday, 12 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing... having to put up with those horrid cheerleaders. *rolls eyes*

 
At Wednesday, 12 September, 2007, Blogger CJ said...

Is this like Blackboard discussion group now?

African or European cheetah?

 
At Thursday, 13 September, 2007, Blogger Art said...

Then it would be a good idea to have cheetahs walk in front of the Strykers. Si?

 
At Thursday, 13 September, 2007, Blogger Interested Soldier said...

I was actually wholely uninterested in the cheerleaders - they're really not my thing. Also, they really couldn't dance.

In terms of the cheetah, yes it can outrun the Stryker, but only over short distances, but either way, the Stryker could still shoot it with the .50 cal mounted in the RWS.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any European cheetahs, but they do seem to be fans of Pumas.

That would be a sweet way to tow a Stryker - have a massive team of cheetahs pull it, like a dog team. But, you know, cheetahs.

 
At Thursday, 13 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a mirror:

http://andrewkohan.com/_images/army.png

 
At Thursday, 13 September, 2007, Blogger eLiz said...

On a completely uncheetahrelated note:

It says on the left-hand side of your blog "Interested Soldier; Washington, DC." In keeping with our "where the hell has time time gone?" theme of late, you haven't actually been of DC in almost a year and a half - and you've been of many, many places since (most of which you probably wouldn't like to claim as home, understandably).

Another few weeks and you'll actually have a home to claim. I'm sure that will be a great feeling. :) And one that isn't Kentucky! Even better!

Although if you wanted to come back to DC, I know any number of people who probably wouldn't hate you for it... (you know, Army aside)

 
At Friday, 14 September, 2007, Blogger Mary said...

Hey, don't know if it will work (still has the t word in it) but maybe you'll have better luck with the LJ feed? http://syndicated.livejournal.com/indietitsfeed/

 
At Saturday, 15 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh. That's the government. Half the email I received this summer was rejected by the government computers because it was "of questionable nature." Real subversive stuff, those vacation photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home