The Interested Soldier

This is a airing of grievances, not an objective review


11 September 2007

Roundup

First, a link buffet.

- An amusingly, slightly biblical look at the big situation in Iraq by Kevin Drum at the Washington Weekly.

- A good look at the conflict in Baqubah, before I got there, from an enlisted perspective. Less politic, and more visceral, Alex is in my Battalion, and though some evidently doubt it, he is a real guy in 5-20. Army of Dude is his blog.

- A friend of mine, who is also Horton's platoon leader writes about this deployment and his previous one. He wrote them in the form of Letters from Iraq.

Second, for all those who seem to be intently awaiting it, I am in Kuwait. It's a nice FOB, old (about 15 years), lots of food and entertainment possibilities. However, we are stuck in a shitty tent, which on its own is not so bad, except that I just went from a single bed in my own room and a tent with WIFI respectively, to the top bunk in a small, dusty tent with mediocre AC. Also, there is a large, bright florescent light that hangs over my head. But, I complain too much. Very nice gym. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home